The Orlando area is booming, and another hotel is set to open at Walt Disney World. B Resort at Downtown Disney, located on Walt Disney World property is set to open in Summer 2014, and they are offering special introductory rates through September 2014. As one of the Downtown Disney Hotels you are steps from all the shops, restaurants, and fun of Downtown Disney, and you have direct transportation to the theme parks. Continue reading for more images and details about the new B Resort at Downtown Disney as well as their introductory offer.
Update June 13, 2014
The all-new B Resort & Spa, located in the Walt Disney World Resort, officially opens its doors the week of June 16, 2014, and is offering introductory rates start at $159 per night through June 30, 2014. The much-anticipated arrival of the B Hotels & Resorts brand in Lake Buena Vista brings a refreshing burst of contemporary style, and an approachable lifestyle hotel experience, to Orlando’s Tourism Corridor.
“B Resort & Spa is the first resort designation for the B Hotels & Resorts brand and we are thrilled to introduce travelers to such an incredible, unique product in one of the world’s top business and leisure travel destinations,” said Keith Wolling, the property’s general manager. “This is a four-star resort with attractive prices and a team that is committed to delivering unforgettable, customized experiences to virtually every type of traveler.”
For experience-driven families, couples, groups and discerning business travelers, B Resort & Spa offers an outstanding array of signature B Hotels & Resorts offerings and amenities, including:
- Inspiring, playful design: B Resort & Spa’s stylish lobby features white marble floors, soaring ceilings and comfortable yet lively lounge areas that invite guests to work, socialize and relax. In the corridors off the lobby, bright pops of color come from the B Artistic exhibition, a contemporary art gallery showcasing the vibrant Central Florida arts scene. Guest rooms and suites are appointed with sleek blue-and-white décor and floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of the area’s theme parks, lakes, and evening fireworks celebrations. Rooms are equipped with designer furnishings, the signature Blissful Bed, large HD LED interactive flat-screen televisions and a B Treated Box of whimsical (and affordable, at $5 each) in-room snacks. Complimentary gaming consoles are available upon request. Many rooms also feature bunk beds, kitchenettes and wet bars.
- Innovative technologies – Guests can B in touch with resort-wide FreeB Wi-Fi (complimentary wireless internet access), complimentary loaner iPads and the Monscierge digital concierge service and destination guide. Custom-designed for each B property, the Monscierge touchscreen and mobile app provide useful information, from hotel amenities to flight updates, even allowing printing capabilities of boarding passes from a lobby screen to the front desk. Also with Monscierge, guests can B Adventurous with access to unlimited localized content, such as tips on excursions, dining and sightseeing adventures within the destination.
- Zero-entry pool and relaxation area – A heated outdoor pool is the perfect place to decompress and enjoy the afternoon at B Resort & Spa, with interactive water elements, a nearby kids’ zone and a pool bar and grill.
- Stylish, flexible function space – With state-of-the-art ballrooms, several boardrooms and an expansive 5,000-square-foot terrace, B Resort & Spa offers more than 25,000 square feet of flexible meeting and celebration space. Guests will revel in new options for enchanting weddings, meetings and other private functions in this world-class destination.
- B Humane – As part of the brand’s B Humane program, each guest room has a plush toy gopher frog, a species indigenous to Central Florida, perched on the bed. Guests can “adopt” the stuffed animal to take home, with a portion of the proceeds from sales going to the Wildlife Foundation of Florida, a nonprofit organization that helps protect the preservation of Florida’s fish and wildlife resources and their habitats.
- Unique food and beverage offerings – Opening on the heels of the B Resort & Spa will be American Q, a new signature restaurant developed in partnership with restaurateur Jeffrey Chodorow and China Grill Management. The renowned group, of China Grill and Asia de Cuba fame, is continuing its tradition of food and beverage innovation with the inaugural location of this concept. American Q puts a modern twist on classic barbeque, featuring specialties from regions throughout the U.S. and Latin America. Guests can expect spontaneous line dancing led by friendly “cowboy/cowgirl” servers and an appetizer and salad station served from the bed of a 1951, cherry-red, Ford F1 pickup truck.
- For convenient grab-and-go fare, The Pickup, located just off the lobby, has a full coffee bar and ice cream shop, as well as a variety of snacks and sundries for on-the-go needs. Complimentary coffee is available daily until 11 am. B Resort & Spa also offers a pool bar and grill, customized catering menus for weddings and meetings, a specialty spa menu and 24/7 in-room dining.
- B Indulged Spa by AVEDA – Set to open later this summer, B Resort & Spa is home to the brand’s first full-service spa. Well-deserved after a fun-filled day at the area’s many theme parks or a productive business meeting, this haven nurtures the body and soul, pairing pure botanical products with the ancient science of AVEDA. Travelers can treat themselves to customized massages, facials, hair and makeup services and a nail boutique, as well as unique offerings for busy business men and women, children and teens. The adjacent B Active Fitness Center features state-of-the-art exercise equipment.
Original post from April 5, 2014 follows below…
From B Resort at Downtown Disney
Be one of the first to experience Orlando’s newest lifestyle hotel – B Resort at Downtown Disney located on Walt Disney World property – and receive incredible rates with the special Introductory Offer, valid on stays through September 2014.
“B Resort will deliver a chic, family-friendly experience that’s equal parts fun for both children and adults,” announced General Manager Keith Wolling. “The property is unlike anything in the Orlando market and offers enticing amenities at approachable rates. Guests will enjoy a full-service spa, a bustling restaurant scene, courtesy iPads, FreeB Wifi and an unbeatable location in the heart of one of the world’s most sought-after destinations.”
B Resort is set to open in the summer of 2014. The Introductory Offer provides guests a Chic Room starting at a rate of $159 per night, a Captivating Room starting at $179 per night, or a Stunning Room starting at $199 per night. This offer is inclusive of resort fees and self-parking.
To qualify, travelers are only required to reserve a minimum of one night, and payment must be made in full upon booking a stay. This offer is valid for reservations made now through May 31, 2014, for travel taking place July 1 -September 30, 2014. Blackout dates apply, and prices are subject to change at any time. Reservations are final and nonrefundable.
B Resort brings a burst of bright and contemporary hotel design to Orlando’s thriving Tourism Corridor. Part of the stylish B Hotels & Resorts portfolio, this new, full-service hotel is situated in the Downtown Disney Area within easy walking distance to bustling shops, restaurants and exciting entertainment, and only five minutes from the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks. In addition, B Resort is conveniently located 10 minutes from the Orange County Convention Center and approximately 20 minutes from Orlando International Airport and downtown Orlando.
The 394-room hotel targets sophisticated travelers, including couples, families, groups and business travelers. A vast array of amenities offers a balanced Orlando experience, equally engaging for children and adults. For pampering after a fun-filled day at the theme parks, B Resort is home to the brand’s first full-service B Indulged Spa, a serene haven offering the full gamut of spa services, including massages, a hair salon, a nail boutique and the state-of-the-art B Active Fitness Center.
Offering a modern take on classic barbecue, American Q, the resort’s signature restaurant by internationally renowned restaurateur Jeffrey Chodorow, will be one of four unique dining options. Other dining outlets at B Resort include a poolside bar and grill; The Pickup, a casual one-stop shop located just off of the lobby that serves a quick breakfast and snacks for the day, and operates a full-service ice cream shop; and in-room dining, available 24/7.
B Resort’s guest rooms and suites feature striking blue-and-white décor with soaring windows that offer breathtaking views of downtown Orlando, area lakes and theme parks. Along with the brand’s plush Blissful Bed, each room has sleek custom furnishings and a large HD LED interactive flat-screen television. Additional amenities in the spacious guest rooms include FreeB Wi-Fi (complimentary high-speed Internet that is available throughout the guest rooms, public areas and meeting spaces), a mini fridge, the brand’s B Treated Box of savory snacks, and gaming consoles that are available upon request. Some rooms also are equipped with bunk beds, kitchenettes or wet bars.
Among B Resort’s other engaging amenities are a zero-entry, environmentally conscious saltwater pool with interactive water features, fire pits and a kids’ zone; courtesy loaner iPads; Monscierge, a digital touchscreen concierge and destination guide; and more than 25,000 square feet of flexible function space.
Have you ever stayed at one of the Downtown Disney Hotel Properties? What was your experience? Please leave a note in the comments below. For more family travel news, reviews, and trip reports, be sure to follow Adventures by Daddy on twitter and “like” our facebook page too.