Adventures by Disney specializes in high-end luxury group travel experiences – taking families to six continents around the world (still waiting for that Antarctica trip). Adventures by Disney’s latest offerings focus on itineraries a little closer to home including historic Washington DC and Philadelphia, Montana, and even a visit to Mickey’s home in Central Florida – why it is a small world after all. Our family recently experienced Adventures by Disney’s award-winning service first hand on their long weekend trip to New York City, and we saw for ourselves why Travel + Leisure, Travel Weekly, and others rated them as one of the best in family tourism. Continue reading for more details on the three new 2016 U.S. itineraries for Adventures by Disney in 2016.
From Adventures by Disney’s Press Release
Adventures by Disney, an award-winning leader in guided group travel worldwide, has announced three new United States vacations available beginning this summer. Exhilarating, educational and entertaining, these vacations showcase the diverse destinations of Central Florida, Montana, and Washington, D.C. & Philadelphia, offering families unforgettable ways to bond and explore America.
Each of these week-long trips is filled with activities unique to the destinations visited. In Central Florida, families will enjoy unprecedented backstage access and VIP experiences at Walt Disney World Resort, airboat through Florida marshlands and thrill in a visit to the “Space Coast.” Montana offers glamorous camping, or “glamping,” near Yellowstone National Park and a stay at a dude ranch in Big Sky. And American history comes alive during a visit to the nation’s capital, and the United States’ first capital city.
“Adventures by Disney is proud to showcase the majestic landscapes, riveting history and diverse experiences available throughout America on these and other itineraries,” said Ken Potrock, senior vice president of Adventures by Disney. “Now is a wonderful time to explore the United States, and with the addition of these vacations we’ve found new ways to offer exciting, varied activities that appeal to every member of the family.”
Highlights of these new Adventures by Disney itineraries include:
Walt Disney World Resort & Central Florida
This unforgettable and unprecedented Central Florida Trip includes backstage access and magical VIP experiences at the Walt Disney World theme parks, exclusive dining opportunities, outdoor adventures in the wilds of Florida, a private lunch with an astronaut and more.
- Take part in a privately guided safari at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park and go behind the scenes of the revolutionary Rivers of Light show before taking a VIP seat to enjoy this new nighttime spectacular.
- Savor unique world-class dining opportunities, such as an exclusive dinner at Disney’s Contemporary Resort chef’s kitchen.
- Learn how Disney magic is created and receive special behind-the-scenes access during one-of-a-kind experiences with Walt Disney Imagineers.
- Enjoy special Disney FastPass+ selections at the Walt Disney World theme parks, including premium access to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Toy Story Mania! and other popular attractions.
- Explore Central Florida’s unique natural wonders on land – by zipline, swamp buggy and on horseback – and on water in kayaks and aboard an airboat.
- Go in-depth with an astronaut and learn firsthand what it takes to soar into space.
This exhilarating Montana adventure includes “glamping” (glamorous camping) adjacent to Yellowstone National Park, a dude ranch experience in beautiful Big Sky, and active excursions through amazing natural landscapes.
- Enjoy the adventure and serenity of upscale camping, explore nature while biking in the backcountry and listen to storytelling under the stars.
- Get hands-on at an authentic dude ranch complete with fun family activities like horseback riding, whitewater rafting, fly-fishing and a private riverside cookout.
- Experience the wonders of Yellowstone National Park during the centennial of the National Parks Service and witness the explosive power of Old Faithful.
Washington, D.C. & Philadelphia
Experience American history in an exciting, interactive way as it comes alive on this immersive Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia adventure at some of America’s most iconic landmarks, including delightful encounters with characters from the past, a fun-filled scavenger hunt and storytelling at every stop along the way.
- Delight in a sweeping tour of Philadelphia on a privately guided trolley excursion to remarkable landmarks such as the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the Reading Terminal Market.
- Walk in the footsteps of such historical figures as George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and Betsy Ross while visiting Washington, D.C. landmarks, including the Capitol, Library of Congress, the Newseum and more.
- Discover the history of Gettysburg on a fun, interactive tour that details this famous battle, President Lincoln’s speech and the lifestyle of the era.
These new adventures join an existing line-up of more than 30 other Adventures by Disney guided group vacations to some of the world’s most exciting destinations. Two Disney-trained Adventure Guides, along with local experts, ensure that every detail of the vacation is taken care of, allowing travelers to create everlasting memories without the stress of planning.