Special Deals at the 7 Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels at Walt Disney World for 2016
For the past two years, Walt Disney World has transformed its Downtown Disney shopping and entertainment district into Disney Springs, an entire village inspired by the waterfront towns of a bygone era in Central Florida. Click here for video highlights of some of the new additions to Disney Springs. Not to be forgotten, the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels have also been refreshed and renovated, and have a host of new offerings in conjunction with the 2016 completion of Disney Springs. Continue reading for what’s new and special deals at the seven Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels.
Guests go for a ride in a Captain-guided tour aboard an amphibious auto, known as an Amphicar, on Lake Buena Vista at Downtown Disney, as part of the waterfront adventures offered at The BOATHOUSE restaurant in Disney Springs, photo by Matt Stroshane, courtesy Walt Disney World Resort
From Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels Press Release
The seven Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels, formerly known as the Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels feature an ideal location at an outstanding value in the Walt Disney World Resort. These seven Official Walt Disney World Hotels are within an easy walk to the significantly expanded and enhanced Disney Springs, which features new shopping, dining and entertainment for your enjoyment. When work is completed in mid-2016, Disney Springs will have expanded to more than 150 shopping, dining and entertainment venues, in four distinct outdoor neighborhoods, with a high-quality, diverse mix of retailers, entertainment, upscale restaurants, and casual dining options.
In addition, the seven Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels also provide shuttle transportation every 30 minutes to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, two water parks, and to the Disney Springs area, which is home to La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil featuring two new acts in 2016.
Disney Springs pedestrian causeway, photo by David Roark, courtesy Walt Disney World Resort
Among the new offerings at the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels are:
- B Resort & Spa – the stylish resort opened in June 2014 with 394 newly renovated guest rooms. In November 2015 the resort opened the new American Kitchen Bar & Grill, which specializes in classic “comfort food” with contemporary ingredients and newly developed American cuisine recipes. In January 2016 the resort’s full-service B Indulged AVEDA Spa added a new Nailae Station, a fun design-printing device that enables guests to customize their manicured nails to match your mood, outfit or whatever you want them to be. This is the first device of its kind in Florida.
B Resort & Spa, image courtesy Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel – the 18-story resort, which overlooks scenic Lake Buena Vista and the Walt Disney World Resort, completed the renovation of its 325 guest rooms in April 2014, and the renovation of its restaurants and lounge in November 2014. Among the new offerings at the resort is an appealing new “Escape The Cold” offer for bookings and travel by February 29, 2016, which includes two free tickets to the DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park (at Disney Springs) per booking (an $80 value), and an upgrade to a Disney View room for just $10 (typically $20).
Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, image courtesy Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa – situated on 27 lush acres, just steps from Disney Springs, the 27-story hotel is nearing completion of a redesign that includes the guest rooms, lobby, restaurants, and the outdoor pool and recreation areas. Among the special offers now available at the hotel is a “Bed & Breakfast Package,” which includes buffet breakfasts-for-two.
Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa, image courtesy Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Orlando Lake Buena Vista – the luxurious and recently renovated resort hotel features 229 spacious suites, and is the only all-suite resort hotel in the Disney Springs Resort Area. Among the special offers now available at the hotel is anew “Family Fun Package,” which is available for stays through April 2016. The package, which is available from $129 per night, includes breakfast-for-four, internet access, and late checkout on weekends. The hotel also is offering a “Celebration Package,” which includes sparkling wine in your room upon arrival and breakfast.
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, image courtesy Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – just steps from Disney Springs, the resort offers two pools, a Disney Character Breakfast each Sunday, seven restaurants and lounges (including Andiamo Italian Bistro & Grille), a 24-hour Gourmet Marketplace, and a complimentary 24-hour fitness center. The hotel recently completed a large remodel of public spaces and guest rooms, and a $7 million renovation of the meeting space. Among the special offers now available at the hotel is the “Leisure Escapes Package,” which includes a $50 daily on-property credit for dining, beverages and more. The special package is available for bookings through March 19, 2016.
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, image courtesy Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels
- Holiday Inn located in the Walt Disney World Resort – offers the ideal setting to stay and play, featuring modern Florida décor and no resort fees. Among the special offers now available is the new “Dining Plan with Dinner & Parking Package.” Available through December 31, 2016, the package includes: breakfast for two adults daily, Palm Breezes dinner for two adults (one night), free self-parking (a $12 value), and kids age 12 and under eat free when ordering in the hotel’s restaurant from the Kid’s Menu and when accompanied by a family member dining from the regular menu. There is a 2-night minimum, and a 5-night maximum, with the package.
Holiday Inn in the Walt Disney World Resort, image courtesy Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista – designed for the value-minded traveler, this resort has it all. The 19-story tower recently underwent a multi-million-dollar renovation with a spectacular new look and feel in the guest rooms, lobby, restaurants and lounge. Amenities include a Disney Character Breakfast 3 days a week, six dining options, the Oasis Aquatic Pool Playground with interactive water activities, fitness center, tennis, basketball, and sand volleyball. The resort is now offering a “Family Escape Package,” featuring 10% off of the room rate plus a free daily breakfast buffet for two children age 11 and under with the purchase of one paying adult (including the Disney Character Breakfast).
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, image courtesy Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels
Other benefits of staying at one of the seven Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels include:
- The ability to purchase Disney theme park admissions at each hotel
- Advance tee times and discounts at all Walt Disney World Resort golf courses
- Disney Merchandise store located in each hotel
- The ability to book advance dining and dinner show reservations for all restaurants across the Walt Disney World Resort.
With nearly 30 food and beverage outlets and restaurants, over 3,700 rooms and an array of amenities, the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels offer a rate, space and menu to please every guest. Located in the heart of the Disney Springs area, these properties are within walking distance of exceptional shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Visit DisneySpringsHotels.com.
For more family travel news, reviews, and trip reports, be sure to follow Adventures by Daddy on twitter and “like” our facebook page too.