GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY – Mission BREAKOUT will open at Disney California Adventure on May 27, 2017, but that’s not all. The updated Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will be the centerpiece of a “Summer of Heroes,” May 27 through September 10 at the park. Near GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY – Mission BREAKOUT will be an Awesome Dance Off, and fans will get to meet Guardians team-member Groot among others. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY – Mission BREAKOUT features Guardians cast footage with Benicio Del Toro reprising his role as “the Collector.” Continue reading for more details about GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY – Mission BREAKOUT and the Summer of Heroes at Disneyland Resort. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 debuts in theaters May 5, 2017.
From Disneyland Resort’s Press Release
Summer 2017 will be adventurous, exciting and … yes! … heroic at Disney California Adventure Park when guests encounter the thrilling Guardians of the Galaxy–Mission: BREAKOUT! and answer the call to join legendary Super Heroes in all-new experiences for Summer of Heroes, May 27 through September 10.
Summer of Heroes inaugurates an ever-expanding universe of Super Hero stories at Disney California Adventure that will become even bigger over time. Guests in the park’s Hollywood Land will join some favorite Super Heroes for all-new, epic experiences for a limited time, and beginning May 27 they will encounter the intrigue and triumph of the new, year-round attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy–Mission: BREAKOUT!
“It’s going to be a thrilling summer at the Disneyland Resort,” said David Duffy, Director, Creative Entertainment. “You can celebrate the arrival of Guardians of the Galaxy–Mission BREAKOUT! and join forces with legendary Super Heroes. You can choose an awesome encounter with Star-Lord, Black Widow, Spider-Man, Hawkeye or Captain America, step up to meet Groot for the first time, and find out if you have what it takes to join the Avengers. It’s all part of the adventure with Summer of Heroes.”
Summer of Heroes will launch new, year-round experiences:
- Guardians of the Galaxy–Mission: BREAKOUT! – This new adventure blasts guests straight into the “Guardians of the Galaxy” story for the first time, alongside characters from the blockbuster films and comics. As guests join Rocket in his attempt to bust his pals out of the Collector’s Fortress, they’ll experience randomized ride experiences complete with all-new visual and audio effects and music inspired by the popular film soundtracks.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Star-Lord will fire up his old-school boom box to get a party started. Everyone is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash!
- Super Hero Encounters – For the first time, citizens of Earth will come face-to-face with tree-of-few-words Groot, one of the Guardians of the Galaxy! They may also encounter the First Avenger, Captain America, and everyone’s favorite web slinger, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
For a limited time, guests also will discover more new adventures, exclusive to Summer of Heroes:
- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow – Black Widow will arrive on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action – Special themed merchandise and food will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
The summer brings more excitement at Disneyland Park, too, with the return of the Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America attractions, including the “Fantasmic!” nighttime spectacular returning later this summer. Dates for the return of these classic attractions will be announced soon. The last chance for guests to enjoy the classic Main Street Electrical Parade during its limited-time return to Disneyland will be Sunday, June 18.
What do you think? Are you excited for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY – Mission BREAKOUT! and the Summer of Heroes? Let us know in the comments below. For more family travel news, reviews, and trip reports, be sure to follow Adventures by Daddy on Twitter and “like” our Facebook page, too.