Family Travel Advice & Escapist Fun From Dad’s Perspective: A blog focused on travel, theme parks, and entertainment to help families navigate through life’s adventures.
It’s trite, but true: life’s an adventure – whether it takes you across the street, across the country, or across the globe. Adventures by Daddy invites everyone to follow along as one father, with a passion for travel, discovers the adventures that abound every day. This blog focuses on trip reports from solo travels for work, family travels for relaxation and vacation, and everyday adventures at home with family and parenting. Adventures by Daddy covers select films and television shows that also embrace the spirit of adventure. I invite you to follow along, share your thoughts and perspectives, as we discover the world together and build a community of families interested in travel and adventure.
About the Author:
Dave Parfitt is married, father of two, and lives in Rochester, New York, USA. I’m also a runner with a PhD in neuroscience, and work full-time at a bucolic Western New York college. Throughout my academic training and career, I’ve lived in numerous Northeastern and Midwestern US cities before settling in the Finger Lakes Region of Western New York. For work I’ve traveled worldwide, but it was planning a Walt Disney World trip as father of two budding princesses that I became “bitten by the family travel bug.”
e-Mail Contact: email@example.com
In addition to travel-writing at Adventures by Daddy, I have served as a guest writer for a number of different sites, and my articles have appeared on USA Today Travel, Fox News, Huffington Post, MiniTime, Parade Magazine, and Yahoo Travel, to name a few.
Fox News Travel
Click here for all articles published for Fox News Travel
U.S. News & World Report Travel
Click here for all articles published for US News Travel
Click here for all articles published for About.com
Huffington Post Travel
Click here for complete Huffington Post author archive
Official Visit Rochester Blog
Click here for complete Visit Rochester author archive
Other Syndicated Posts around the Internet
Click here for the entire list
Family Travel Expert for USA Today’s 10 Best List Readers’ Choice Awards
- Best Kid-Friendly Destination in Readers’ Choice Poll
- Best Family Resort in Readers’ Choice Poll
- Best Family Travel Bloggers Revealed in Readers’ Choice Poll
I also have published travel articles in print newspapers and magazines as well,
- 50 Thrills in 50 States – Family Circle, July 2016: 121. print.
- Top Five New Roller Coasters for 2014 – USA Today, 31 Jan. 2014: 8B. print.
- Winter 2013 Member Connection Magazine for Western & Central NY AAA “Great Wolf Lodge: A Warm and Tropical Surprise Close to Home”
In The Press
- Orlando Sentinel interview on Universal Orlando’s announcement of a new King Kong attraction.
Universal: King Kong attraction set for Islands of Adventure in 2016
- Radio interview with Turi Ryder on nationally syndicated America Weekend From Coast to Roller Coast.
- Quoted by She Knows Travel as family travel expert in article on Best Family-Friendly Cities to Visit.
- Interviewed by She Knows Travel on how to Surprise Your Family with a Weekend Trip.
- Quoted in multiple community newspapers as a nationally known family travel expert on Father’s Day trip planning. Take a Family Trip this Father’s Day Athens Ohio Today
- Interviewed by the Port Clinton News Herald on reaction to Cedar Point’s GateKeeper roller coaster. GateKeeper: Record Setting Coaster Wins Over First Crowd
- Interviewed by the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle on free and inexpensive things to do in Rochester, NY during the summer. Start a Camp Roc with your Family
I have worked with multiple companies, agencies, and brands such as, Disney Parks, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Parks & Resorts, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Great Wolf Lodge, Embassy Suites Hotels, and multiple convention and visitors bureaus. In March 2013, I was invited to serve on Great Wolf Lodge’s “Ask a Mom” family-travel expert panel.