In January 2014, Universal Orlando hosted the first Celebration of Harry Potter event, and it was a weekend chock-full of festivities exalting all things from the Harry Potter universe. Fans were treated to panel discussion with film stars, demonstrations of wand-dueling, an expo packed with books & merchandise, and exclusive time inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade. Universal Orlando just announced the return of a Celebration of Harry Potter, to be held January 30 – February 1, 2015, and will spread out between Hogsmeade and the newly opened Diagon Alley. Fans who purchase a hotel package (on sale August 21, 2014) can enjoy a private evening reception inside BOTH Wizarding Worlds, Hogsmeade & Diagon Alley. Continue reading below for more details from Universal’s press release, and click here for our tips and tricks for enjoying Diagon Alley.
From Universal Orlando Resort’s Press Release
Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. announced that they will host the second annual “A Celebration of Harry Potter” event – a special event for fans celebrating the global phenomenon that is Harry Potter.
Beginning January 30, 2015, fans will enjoy three days of incredible experiences – including the “A Celebration of Harry Potter” Expo, Q&A sessions with Harry Potter film talent and more. Special vacation packages, including annual passholder packages, will go on sale August 21 and will include exclusive benefits such as access to an exclusive evening event in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade and the all-new The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley. Full vacation package details are below.
All general admission park guests will have the opportunity to:
- Attend Q&A sessions with Harry Potter film talent and other special guests (talent attendees will be announced at a later date)
- Experience and participate in the interactive and unique exhibits of the “A Celebration of Harry Potter” Expo
- Enjoy special discussions regarding various aspects of the Harry Potter franchise
- Visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida. Plus, ride the Hogwarts Express between the two lands with a park-to-park ticket.
- And much more!
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley officially opened in Universal Studios Florida on July 8, 2014 bringing even more of Harry Potter’s adventures to life at Universal Orlando Resort. The new land features incredible shops with windows full of magical surprises, authentic dining experiences, a fire-breathing dragon and the new multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts. Guests with a park-to-park ticket will also be able to board the iconic Hogwarts Express and enjoy a unique journey as they travel between London and Hogsmeade. The new immersive area expands upon The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade, launched in 2010 in Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and doubles the size of the sweeping area already dedicated to Harry Potter’s adventures to create a spectacularly themed environment across both Universal theme parks.
While most of the activities for “A Celebration of Harry Potter” will be open to all Universal Orlando park guests and annual passholders, only guests who purchase the exclusive event vacation package or annual passholder package will enjoy certain special benefits and reserved seating for select events. Packages are limited and will go on sale at noon EST on Thursday, August 21, 2014. See below for full package details.
- 3-Night hotel accommodations
- 3-Day Park-to-Park admission ticket to Universal Studios Florida & Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Exclusive evening event in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade & Diagon Alley, including light desserts and one Butterbeer
- Exclusive film talent Q&A session and reserved section for discussions and demonstrations
- Special Guest access to A Celebration of Harry Potter Expo
- Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter one hour before the theme parks open.
- Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade (one per person)
- Specially themed Welcome Parcel and complimentary commemorative merchandise item
- Access to live entertainment at Universal CityWalk